We do steel Fabrication – and we’re the best at it!
We have continually invested in heavy-grade, high-tech machinery that gives STEELFAB the same capabilities as shops in the Lower 48. Other shops in Alaska provide only part of the steel fabrication process – we do it all.
STEELFAB is the largest locally owned steel service center and fabricator in the state.
Our press break is the largest in the state. We also have the largest and only beam fabricator and plate roller and burn table in Alaska. Fabrication with the right tools reduces costs while increasing safety and efficiency.
We use a top-of-the-line HEM Wide Flange Saw for cutting steel material efficiently.
Our fabrication equipment includes:
Cutting, Shearing & Punching
- Messer MPC2000 Precision Plate Cutting System with drill or tap hole drilling machine 20’X55’
- Messer Titan C.N.C. controlled-flame plasma cutting machine 10’X40
- Ogden Beam fabricating machine accommodates 8” to 120” width x unlimited length, and up to 3” thick.
- Prodevco PCR42 Plasma Robot
- HTC Plate shears ½”X10’
- Spartan Ironworker bar/angle shears
- VT 120 HA HEM vertical band saw
- WF 130 HA-DC-C Horizontal HEM Production Saw
- Trennjaeger horizontal bar grating saw
- Kalamazoo abrasive cutoff saws
- Masteel 600-ton x 20-foot-long press brake with the ability to bend ½ inch thick plate steel.
- Accupress 250-ton x 12-foot-long press brake
- Bertsch plate rolls 1” X 10’
- Imcar Angle, pipe and tube rolling machine
What we Fabricate
Our certified equipment, programs, and fabricators are the best in the state and bring decades of Arctic and resource industry experience to every job. Learn more about our certifications here.
Our customers come from Alaska’s oil and gas, construction, mining, timber, fishing and maintenance industries. STEELFAB is the fabrication facility of choice for all major oilfield support companies, maintenance users and contractors in Alaska.