Paint that’s Alaska Proof
In Alaska’s harsh conditions, the coating is just as important as the weld. Our 12,000-square-foot paint shop operates year-round and features two 5-ton cranes and a 100-foot shot blaster that preps steel and other metals in short order. An adjacent 1,000-square-foot blasting tent further expands our capacity and efficiency.
We maintain a sophisticated paint and coating endorsement from the American Institute of Steel Construction. STEELFAB is a member of NACE International. The paint shop supervisory personnel are NACE certified inspectors certified by the Society of Protective Coatings.
Features of our Steelfab Paint SHop
- Climate-controlled indoor facility
- 12,000-square-foot facility dedicated to painting/coating
- 1,000-square-foot blasting tent
- Thermo-arc spraying (zinc/aluminum)
- Epoxy and polymer paints
- Shop Primers
- Quality applications to dry film thickness
- AISC sophisticated paint and coating endorsement
- Society for Protective Coatings certifications